Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Changes....

Changes have been coming at a massive speed here in the 10 years, not really sure how it happened but my kids are growing up, we've moved and are about to move again, couple of deployments, foster care, adoptions, friends coming and going.  The pace of this life has been pretty intense and I keep waiting for it to slow down.  IT IS NOT SLOWING DOWN!! I am coming to the realization that it is not just us it is this military life we live.  There has been so much positive but part of me feels like we are missing out have this fast pace life, I long to get a ranch out in the country and homeschool with no distractions.  I long to sit outside with my kids and read and play maybe with horses.  With all this technology that we have even sometimes when we are together it doesn't really feel like we are together.  There is always this contstant noise or something going on.  What happened to sitting down and reading a good book?  I want to go unplugged!! I want to leave my house and not have to have my cell phone with me because I can't miss a call.  Being busy isn't always bad but some of our "busyness" is self inflicted.

This is a draft that never got posted.... but I think God knew I needed a break and is helping me slow down a little bit.  Because of the adoptions we are going to be forced to kick back a little for the next few months and take some time to visit hubby in TX.  My only goal for the next 3 months is to organize, school with the kids and family time!!!! (And of course a little visiting with my dear friends that haven't ditched me in this desert!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment